not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, June 28, 2013

"BEND"ING A PIANO TO OREGON

POST # 77

Yesterday I helped my housesitter friend Mary, transport a piano to the town of Bend in Oregon. She drove the U-haul truck with the piano, and I followed along in her car. The journey started off extremely wet along the interstate in Washington, however once we had crossed over the Columbia river into Oregon, the skies cleared and the heat arrived.

We expect to be here for a couple of days before heading south again to around the San Jose area of California to visit a friend of Mary's. From there it will be the long journey back north to Washington.

The heat here in Bend is beginning to increase and I had heard that it could reach a high of 110F over the weekend which is apparently hotter than normal for this area. How come I am not surprised anymore by news like that? There will be plenty of locals floating down the river in the next few days, trying to stay as cool as possible.

It has been an interesting journey so far and my mind continues to expand with the new sights that I see. The only uninteresting place along the way is a town we passed yesterday with the name of BORING OREGON. It must be very uninteresting with a name like that.

This week's blog will be short, as there are plenty of other things to keep me busy for now, and I imagine by the time July 7th's blog rolls around, there will be more news to talk about by then.

LIKE THE HEAT!

Happy trails,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment