not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, March 28, 2013

??????????

POST # 66


Writer's block. That's what is going through my head this morning. There is plenty to write about but for some reason or another I just can't seem to get my brain around the idea today. So I think I'll keep this short and to the point.

My days here in Victoria are coming to and end this weekend, and I will be shipping out on Sunday. In some ways it feels like I just got here, as this housesit has gone by quite rapidly, in my mind at least.

Essie, Gaffer, James and Sally the cats have been wonderful company and very easy to care for. It's been purr heaven as opposed to pure heaven since I arrived here on March 14th and like always when I leave a housesit, I will miss the critters that I have been spending time with.

The area of Victoria that I have been living in is Oak Bay, and the street I am on is extremely quiet so it has felt somewhat country like as a result. The most prevalent sound outside is of birds chirping. Even as I write these words, it's the only sound I hear, aside from a purring cat sitting next to me.

Even though I have had the use of a vehicle while here, it has for the most part sat in the driveway, and I have chosen my preferred form of transport, the bicycle to get around on. Somehow, life for me seems pretty good, as long as there is a bicycle to ride and I have made a point of getting out for a spin every day that I have been here. It makes me happy, and the weather has even co-operated. Only once, did a big grey cloud catch up to me before I got home and manage to dump at least some of its precipitation upon my head.

Another thing that has been on my mind since even before I arrived here was that I have been troubled with some aches and pains that started a while back and it would be nice to put it down to the fact that I am just getting older, however I decided to make a trip to the doctor and have a bunch of tests done, the results of which all came back negative. In fact, according to the test results, I am actually quite healthy. Hmmmm!! Maybe it's all in my head? In any event I will continue to cruise through the days ahead and see what the future brings.


And finally, just to note that I may or may not be near a computer to complete my next blog which is scheduled for April 7th, but only time will tell. Perhaps by then, I will be able to muster up a few more words than I have done today.

Happy trails,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

















No comments:

Post a Comment