not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

BRUSH SLAVE PART 2

 POST # 599

 

Last week, while Mr. Leon was relaxing in one of his favourite positions, and I was pondering just how long it would be before he wanted me to once again start brushing him, I started to wonder just how much fur I've brushed since I arrived?  My curiosity kicked in, and so I decided to do a little experiment.  

Each and every day, he gets brushed on multiple occasions, and if he wasn't taking time for a nap, I'm quite sure that he would be happy if I brushed him all day long.  So my experiment was to capture the amount of fur left on his brush each day, and see just how much I would accumulate in one week.  The photo below illustrates the amount.

That's a lot of fur.  And of course, if I had brushed even more, the amount would have been even greater.  Perhaps Mr. Leon sheds more because of the season.  Or perhaps this is just normal for him.  Whatever the case may be, I did find it an interesting exercise to do, and Mr. Leon was more than happy to participate.  I'll make sure that all of this accumulated fur is thrown out prior to the owner arriving back home next week, as I doubt that she would appreciate all of it hanging around.

In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy Mr. Leon's company, and when he's not outside wandering around, or inside having a nap, I will also continue to brush him each day.  He never seems to tire of it, and I also derive pleasure from doing so.


Wandering and napping.  What a life.

And finally for today's post, I thought I would add an enlarged photo of my old furball, Kalopani.  I'm sure that one of the reasons that I enjoy Mr. Leon's company, is that he reminds me of Kalopani, on a daily basis.  Kalopani hasn't been around for decades, and how her life came to an end, is a sad story that perhaps I'll write about another day.   


And here is just one more photo of Kalopani.  She looks very much like Mr. Leon.



grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer



No comments:

Post a Comment