not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, March 14, 2024

SELINA

 POST # 590

One day, I was riding my bike back to where my mom and dad used to live, and when I arrived, my sister and brother in law had just arrived in their car.  They were on the way to the hospital, because my sister Judy was very pregnant, and was about to give birth to my niece, Selina.  While Don went into the house to drop off some things, Judy sat in the car, looking very uncomfortable indeed.  I was amazed to see what she was going through, but needless to say, she wasn't interested in having a conversation at the time.  She had other things on her mind.  Soon, they left and not long after they left, Selina was born.  The year was 1976.

Fast forward to this year.  Last week, our family found out that Selina had died on March 4th.  She was just 47 years old.  This was sad and very unexpected news for all of the family.  Since hearing the news, I have been thinking about Selina every single day, and that's why I chose to write about this today, instead of what I normally write about on my blog.  Isn't it strange.  I hadn't seen Selina for many years, and would rarely think about her, and yet since last week, I think about her every day.

I don't have much else to add to today's short post, but I felt the need to record this just the same.  Perhaps this is just another reminder to me, and to anyone who happens to read this, that life is precious, and we should try to appreciate each and every day as it comes along.  

My apologies to any of my readers who may have been hoping to see more dog or cat photos on my blog for today, but Selina was on my mind, so I felt the need to write these few words, in memory of my niece.

Here is a short video of Selina from 2016. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZdmj6Bk8kU

grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer 



No comments:

Post a Comment