not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, January 14, 2022

THE WORD IS OUT

 POST # 486


It looks like the word is out.  No-name, the furball who lives outside, roams around the neighbourhood, and shows up twice each day for his morning and evening meal, must have let the news slip out about left-overs.  

I guess that he is just being kind to his fellow critters that also roam around.  This guy appeared in the window the other evening, and has been coming back every once in a while.  He seems to be more interested in what's going on inside the house, than the left-overs on the deck.  At one point, when I opened the front door, I actually thought that he may decide to come in.  That would have been a bad idea.  Raccoons are very cute, but I certainly wouldn't want to tangle with one.  I'm sure I would come out second best.  But you do have to admit that he is cute, and curious as well.





He looks as though he would like to walk right in, and have a beer and a chat.  I think the resident furballs might have something to say about that.  And even though raccoons can certainly hold their own against another critter, I'm not sure how well he would do against three furballs.  Thankfully, we won't ever have to find out.  For as long as I am here, he will remain outside.

Just when I thought that the raccoon was the only other wildlife out there, yesterday I came across this character.  Like the raccoon, he was very curious to come over and stare at me.  




So this past week has me feeling like I'm living in somewhat of a zoo.  I'm surprised that there hasn't been any stray boneheads wandering the neighbourhood as well.  Mind you, my time here isn't up yet, so who knows?   I could invite into the house a bonehead or two, the raccoon, the deer, no-name the furball, and then let all of them "visit" with the three indoor furballs.  That would be quite the get together, but if it happened, I don't imagine that the owners would ever ask me back to house sit.  I will have to remain content with the situation just as it is.  




grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment