not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, May 14, 2020

EXTREMELY SLIM ODDS

POST # 406


 A PHOTO OF DAD (FAR LEFT) AND THE REST OF THE MARCOTTE CLAN

In light of all that is going on in the world in 2020, it's always good to remind oneself that the odds of ever being born in the first place are extremely slim.  This subject came up in a conversation today with my friend Guy, and in fact it was Guy that mentioned this to me many years ago.  Up to that point, it wasn't something that I had ever considered.  Nowadays, I do try to remind myself each and every day, that it is a real fluke that I am even here at all.  By keeping that in mind, it helps me to put things into perspective.  Whatever life dishes out, I try to be grateful.  After all, at least I am here to experience whatever comes my way, for however long that may last.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment