not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, September 14, 2019

HELLO AND GOODBYE

POST # 374



 HAPPY MURPHY

Yesterday, I arrived at my current house/pet sit, accompanied by my dear friend Mary, and Dora-dog.  Mary generously offered to drive me here, and we arrived at Murphy's place in the early afternoon.  Murphy was out for a walk with one of his owners, so the three of us went looking for them.  Within minutes I spotted Murphy, and called out his name.  He came bounding across the field to meet us, and more importantly, to meet Dora.  The two of them hit it off right from the get go, which I had expected, but it was still a relief to see them playing together.

Back at the house later, the four humans, and the two dogs had time for a visit, prior to Mary and Dora getting back in her car in order to head back home to Washington.  As much as I am happy to be here for the second time, it was sad to see Mary and Dora drive away.  I took this photo of Dora just moments before they drove off.  Her face reflected my mood as well.  Such is the life of a wanderer, but by now I am very familiar with this feeling, and I also know that it won't last forever.  

In no time, Dora will be back chasing squirrels, bunny rabbits and deer, so I'm quite sure that she will be OK, as will Mary,  as will I. Perhaps I will make the transition a bit more effortlessly, because of all the wandering that I have done in my journey through life.  Saying hello and goodbye is as natural to me as breathing, however the goodbyes are always more difficult, and especially so, considering the world we live in, in late 2019.

But for now, it's time to settle in with Murphy, and enjoy my time here.  It's all that I can do.
 

 SAD DORA-DOG


maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment