not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, February 7, 2019

A WANDERING DAY

POST #345

Some days I think and wander.  Other days I just think.  And today, I'll primarily be wandering.  It's what I do best.
I've done plenty of that in my life, and especially in the last decade, and one of the finest locations that I have had the pleasure to wander to is Orcas Island in Washington State.  It has been many years since my last visit, and the other day I was going through some old photos/videos in order to pare them down and lo and  behold, I came across this video.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the date, but no doubt there is a previous blog post related to this particular house/pet sit.  My guess is maybe 2015.  As you can probably tell, it is summer, and I had wandered down to the beach at the very north end of the island, in order to watch the sunset.  That's Saturna Island that the sun is setting over.  If you listen carefully, you can hear a flute playing in the background.  Another gentleman was also at the beach, and I suppose that the sunset had inspired him to play his instrument.  It was the perfect compliment to a perfect sunset.





Time now to continue my wandering for today, southward bound.

maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment