not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, October 7, 2018

IT'S A PARADOX

POST # 329



"when the situation is hopeless*, there's nothing to worry about."
The Monkey Wrench Gang, by Ed Abbey

It truly is a paradox.  If one lives their life with death in mind, and the realization that each breath could be their last one, then each and every moment is that much more precious than before.  As the title of a recent book I just read states, "Death makes life possible."  

For many years now, I have tried to live my life in this way, and I would have to say that I am a happier being as a result.  It takes some practice but it's well worth the effort.

Nowadays, I derive great pleasure participating in the little things of life, and one of those "little things" is a stroll along a beach with a bonehead.  My current location has allowed me to do that, three times a day.  Each step is a joy.  On a recent journey, the tide was way out so Tova and I walked right out to the water's edge, and took a few moments to soak up the wonderful view, and breathe in the early morning salty fresh air.  I decided to take a quick video to remind me of our journey.





This will be one of the last strolls on the beach with Tova, and by tomorrow, I will be saying so long to her and her furball companion, Saki.  They have been great company, and I am happy that I have had the opportunity to spend time with them.



SAKI

The owners arrive home later today, and soon, I will be off to my next adventure.  But in the meantime I'll take a few more walks, and capture some of the beauty that I am surrounded by.





living in acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

*And speaking of hopeless, here is a video which describes in less than 5 minutes why the situation is hopeless.  So, relax.  And don't worry.

https://guymcpherson.com/2018/10/countdown-to-extinction-nthe-in-5-minutes/#more-17475














No comments:

Post a Comment