not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, May 7, 2018

MELLOW MYRTLE

POST # 309




MYRTLE BELONGS IN A DR. SEUSS BOOK

Long, long ago, in a land far, far away...

Hang on, let's start again shall we?  Almost 7 years ago, which isn't really that long ago, and not in a land far away, but just a few blocks from here, I had the good fortune to spend a few weeks with Myrtle.  She was much more energetic back then, and I probably was as well. I'd like to think that we're both gently ageing like a good wine.

I came across Myrtle the other day while out on my bike ride.  It just so happens that I was going past the house where she lives, and she was sitting out on the front porch with her owner.  It was too good of an opportunity to pass up, so I stopped for a visit.  Prior to my departure, the owner invited me to a "turkey and dog food" dinner.  That certainly sounded intriguing.  The owner explained that the reason she called it that, was because any left-over turkey goes into Myrtle's dog food dish.  I was relieved to hear that.

So last weekend, I peddled on over, and was one of seven guests at the dinner.  Too bad for Myrtle that there were so many humans to feed.  I didn't like her chances of getting many leftovers, considering that the owner also sent me away with a "take home" pack.

It was an enjoyable evening, and aside from some interesting conversations, I was grateful for the opportunity to once again catch up with mellow Myrtle.


MYRTLE SUPERVISING MY DEPARTURE


living in acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I miss her so much. These photos are absolutely wondrous.

    ReplyDelete