not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, April 7, 2018

A-DORA-BLE DORA

POST # 305





It is unclear where she came from and the answer to that question will remain locked up in her little brain forever.  But one thing is certain, and that is the fact that she sure is adorable.   Her name is Dora.

My friend, Mary had been looking for another dog for quite a while, and finally on February 14th of this year, her wish came true when she adopted Dora from the local humane society.  I guess that it was a happy Valentine's day for the both of them.

Dora is certainly one of the most timid dogs that I have ever encountered, and I suppose that her demeanor is directly related to the life she had prior to her arrival at the humane society.  However, in the short time that I've known Dora, which is about ten days, even I can detect positive changes in her behavior, and that's been a wonderful thing to experience.   There is no doubt in my mind, that the care that Mary has shown towards Dora has been a major factor in Dora becoming more open with humans. I suspect that as more time passes, the memories from her previous life will continue to fade away, and as a result she will become less timid, and even more adorable than she is already.


living in acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment