not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, October 28, 2017

MAX, AUTUMN, and A DOG'S PURPOSE

POST # 284

Prescience: noun:  knowledge of things before they exist or happen; foreknowledge; foresight.




MAX

On numerous occasions throughout my life, too numerous to write about on this short blog, I have imagined an event before it existed.  Earlier this week was another one of those times.

I was coming to the end of my bike ride, the first one I had done in quite a while.  As I always do, I exit off of the main road and into the local shopping centre, just to get away from the traffic. Prior to rolling around the corner of the grocery store, I had this strong feeling that I would see Max, and lo and behold, there he was, along with his owner Richard, and Richard's friend Howard.  In fact, I had imagined all three of them, and then, there they were with Max wagging his tail, and Richard and Howard each having what looked like a breakfast burrito.  Max must have been happy to see me, because my arrival was enough to tear him away from the smell of the burritos.

I hadn't seen this trio for quite some time, and because I didn't have any pressing engagements, (like I EVER have any pressing engagements), I sat down and had a wonderful visit with them.

Max is a magnificent bonehead, and I did have an offer earlier this year to take care of him for a couple of weeks while his owners went to California,  but had to turn them down, as I was already booked for that time slot.  Oh well, such is the life of a house/pet sitter.  Perhaps in the future, I'll have another opportunity.  In the meantime I'll look forward to our chance meetings during my daily ride.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's now officially Autumn, and it has been for about 5 weeks.  It's without a doubt my favourite season of the year.  I honestly don't know why and I certainly don't spend much time pondering the reason(s), but rather I just enjoy it while it lasts.   This might be the only subject that my dear old mom and I disagreed upon.  She preferred Spring, and the reason she said that she didn't like Autumn was, in her words, "everything is dying." Be that as it may, I still prefer Autumn.

Here are some photos that help reinforce just why it's my favourite season.







And finally, to finish off today's rather short blog, I'll attach a link to a movie trailer for a movie called, "A Dog's Purpose."  I am currently reading the book that the movie is based on, and I can highly recommend it for any dog (bonehead) lovers out there.

If this trailer doesn't bring a tear to your eye, then I can't imagine what would.  Enjoy.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jLOOCADTGs#action=share


living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

































No comments:

Post a Comment