not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, July 21, 2017

WEEDS AND WOOD

POST # 271

Time marches on, and in the battle between the weeds and the Canuck, at least for the moment the score is Canuck 1, weeds 0, as can be seen by the photos below.  All I need to do now is to go on a daily weed patrol in order to keep the yard looking ship shape.








Since the weeds are now history, I have had time to chop some wood as well.  It's an activity that I really enjoy.  I spent plenty of hours bucking and then splitting wood when I lived at my little shack, SNUG, in the Yukon, and when I was splitting this pile, my mind would drift back to those wonderful days by the banks of the Klondike river.  Mind you, when I was chopping wood in the Yukon, the temperature was probably hovering in the minus 30's or below, so as they say up North, the wood gets to warm you twice.  Once when you chop it, and then again when you burn it in your wood stove.





It only took me about thirty minutes to split this pile, and it is now safely stacked away in a dry spot ready to be used for when the weather turns cooler.  But the way things are going, maybe that time will never come.

Today concludes round two of my summer sit here in Port Townsend,  however I will be back again soon for round three.  


Take it away Willie.


living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer







No comments:

Post a Comment