not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, July 14, 2016

MASTER WEEDER AND A BABY DEER

POST # 222

Two two two.  There's a number with symmetry. And a palindrome as well. I wonder if this blog will still be going at the number 333? That would be approximately two years and three months from now, give or take.  Only time will tell.

Enough of that.  A postcard arrived in the mail today, from my friend who is in Alaska at the moment, while I housesit for him.


It's a photo that includes an albino seal pup. As a funny coincidence, the photo was taken on St. Paul Island in Alaska, as shown on the postmark below.


While my friend spends his time galavanting in Alaska, I have been busy working on becoming a master weeder back here in Port Townsend.  It's now a part of my daily routine, and surprisingly I am beginning to enjoy it.  As there seems to be no end to this task, it's good that I am having fun digging in the dirt.  Here is just one of the projects currently underway, on the east side of the house.


Slowly but surely, the task is coming to completion.




It's looking better by the day.  Time to get back out there and get my hands dirty once again.
But to finish off this blog, here's another video with one of the deer babies, which I took just a few hours ago.  I get plenty of laughs from these wonderful creatures.




Happy Trails,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
























No comments:

Post a Comment