not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

NEW DIGS

POST # 186

Chumlee's history!  Actually he's still doing fine back at his place in Nanoose Bay, but The Thoughtful Wanderer has moved on to his new digs, here on a farm out West of Duncan.  It's just a short sit for only a couple of weeks, but I am looking forward to it.

En route to this location, I spent a night at my friend's farm which is only about 15 minutes from here.  Accommodation was the WOOFER'S shack.  It's even smaller than SNUG in the Yukon.  Very cozy indeed.




But it was much preferable to spending time in the city.

Here is the approach road to downtown Vancouver.





Here is the approach road to my current sit.  Which would you prefer?


And here is the house.


There is a good supply of wood, and with two wood stoves, I shouldn't have any problem with keeping warm over the next couple of weeks.

My house companions will be Bella, and Ringo, the two resident furballs.  Jack the dog is off to a kennel for the duration.  It would have been good to have him around, however I'm sure that the two furballs will be enough to keep me company. Plus, Jack will have time to spend with his dog friends, so it's all good.


RINGO


BELLA


JACK


That's about all there is to report for this go around, and I'll be back typing away next week.

Happy Trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer



No comments:

Post a Comment