not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

GOODBYE TO SALAMANDER BAY-HELLO TO BALALA via NEWCASTLE

POST # 162


It already seems like ages ago since I said goodbye to Baxter, Bam Bam and Tilly at my previous house sit at Salamander Bay, yet it was only April 3rd.

My friends John and Linda hosted me for a couple of nights at their place in Newcastle, and from there I boarded a train to Uralla.  Upon arrival, I was greeted by Alan and we continued our journey to Tumbalala, the name of their property in Balala NSW.  Deni, his wife welcomed us when we got to Tumbalala.


                           
                                                            TUMBALALA

                                                                   

They both left yesterday, and so I am now alone here.  Well, I'm alone as far as humans go, but I have plenty of company, with Ali, the boxer dog, Rough and Tumble the cats, Henry the rooster and his eight hen friends, and plenty of other bird life, so I may be alone, but I am anything but lonely. The property is 22km from the closest town which is Uralla, so the peace and quiet is magnificent.

This will be a short post and I will try to be more elaborate with my next one.  I am on limited internet out here in the country, and so I think I will be keeping my posts shorter than normal over the course of this house sit.

Happy trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment