not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

THOREAU TIME

POST # 39

It's late in the afternoon on blog day and finally the Thoughtful Wanderer has a moment to sit in front of the computer and scratch out a few brief thoughts, and I will be brief because I am on the clock right now on this terminal.

So, due to unforeseen circumstances, I am housesit free at the moment and may just be this way until October 1st. But hey, that's OK because I look upon this time now as "vacation" time for Mr. Petsitter. Almost 5 whole weeks to fill up with who knows what?

A look at the globe makes me think that I should find a warm beach somewhere and just hang out for a while, and that still is a possibility, however in the meantime I continue to check out any new housesit opportunities which may come my way.

I am exploring all points of the compass from Vancouver, to Dawson City, to Pacific Pallisades in California, and even as far away as Normandy in France, where my ancestors set out from, all those years ago to begin populating North America.

To fill in my time in between though, I continue to do the things that I enjoy which includes reading, writing, thinking, walking (or learning to again) and riding my bike. It's all part of the adventure, and so let's get too it. It's a life that Thoreau would approve of I'm sure.

Hopefully there will be more thoughts to write down in September.

Until then,

Stay happy.

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

And a PS. This afternoon I bid bon voyage to some dear friends who as I write these words are jetting their way to Crete, via Scotland where they plan to settle for quite some time it sounds like. I wish them all the very best and I hope to cross paths with them again sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment